💬 👋 We’re always here. Join our Discord to connect with other students 24/7, any time, night or day.Join Here!

JJ

Jrz J.

Intro Stats / AP Statistics

1 week ago

In a recent year, speaking characters in movies were 68.2% male. What is the probability of randomly selecting a character with a speaking part and getting a female? What should be the value of that probability?

Answer

In a recent year, speaking characters in movies were 68.2% male. What is the probability of randomly selecting a character with a speaking part and getting a female? What should be the value of that probability?

Discussion

You must be signed in to discuss.

Video Transcript

two of them were asked to find out probability for a speaking character to be female. We have given that probability for speaking character to be mailed is 62.8%. Now from the basic probability definition, suppose we have a sample space like this. The sample space consists of 100%. Now we have only two entries, one is male and other is female. So it is already given that mainly 68.2%. No. We have to find the waters question is a female. So we know that total probability p equal to probability of men, less probability of female And that should be equal to 100%. Since rubbled of male is given a 68.2%. If we are sure that value in the elbow equation, forget this. No, we get probability for the speaking character to be female. PF equal 200 -68.2 That equal to 31.8%. So our answer is 31.8%.

Top Intro Stats / AP Statistics Educators
MC
Megan C.

Piedmont College

Christine G.

Cairn University

Lucas E.

University of St. Thomas

Joseph L.

Boston College