Our network of professors, PhDs, high school teachers, and TAs produces thousands of STEM video lessons daily. In our Educator Spotlight series, we’re providing an opportunity for you to get to know the incredible educators who make our mission, to democratize STEM education, possible.
- What sets Numerade apart from other tutoring services for educators?
- Numerade videos afford students the opportunity to “try then refine”. When students are striving to achieve mastery of concepts, it is so important to do the work independently, then verify the answer. I think videos are a great method to encourage students to learn the concepts!
- How has Numerade refined or improved your teaching ability?
- I find myself looking for questions that will move me out of my comfort zone in terms of content. I have my old textbooks handy to help me brush up on those topics I haven’t used in years!
- How do you think educators could use Numerade for professional development?
- I’m not sure right now how Numerade could be used for professional development. I’m looking forward to hearing great ideas from other Numerade educators.
- What other unexpected benefits have you gained from being an educator on Numerade?
- The extra income has been wonderful for me. I’ve also found that I incorporate some of the skills I’ve honed making Numerade videos in my classroom. I’m more mindful of allowing moments of silence for processing/working. I’m also more mindful of explaining steps as I go instead of assuming students know what I’m doing.
- We heard you’ve used your income from Numerade for traveling! Had any good trips lately? 🙂
- My Numerade income has made possible some fun excursions with my grandsons! Next weekend, I’m heading out of town with them to let them hang out with family and I will be enjoying time with dear friends!
Are you interested in becoming a Numerade educator? Head on over to get your application started today!